A lot of people struggle to understand what it actually means to live a sustainable life and how does one live a sustainable life? Living a sustainable life means to live in a way that meets the basic human needs while minimising one's environmental impact.
Here’s how you can start a sustainable life right at home, today!
1. Be mindful of resources that you use- Less paper, less plastic
2. Use alternate sources of energy like solar water heaters instead of geysers etc.
3. Reuse/ Recycle/ Repair should be your ultimate mantra in order to live a sustainable life - Reuse containers and clothing. Donate things you no longer need. Switch to products with biodegradable or recycled packaging.
4. Support local farmers and artisans
5. Invest time in DIY- For example, most cleaners contain toxic chemicals that are not only harmful but also need more water to be washed away.
The easiest part about sustainable living is that you don’t have to wait for others to make the change. You can start , all by yourself, right now.
"The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone will save it,”
- Robert Swan